Over time, I’ve learned so much watching them come and go.
For instance, coffee is so bad for you.
WAIT! Coffee is the best thing ever!
Stay away from fat.
WAIT! Olive oil, avocados, walnuts and canola oil are excellent for you!
After years of study and practical application, I’ve found some consistent advice to follow.
Here’s my basic list of eating guidelines to help you and your family eat as God intended.
First advice: Don’t buy food in pre-prepared meals and learn to read the labels.
1. Processed sugar (check labels for high fructose corn syrup and other hidden sugars)
2. Canned goods
3. Diet or “sugar free” anything (fake sugar damages your brain and kidneys)
4. Packaged dinners
5. Red Meat (if it’s more than once or twice a week)
1. A little sweet now and then
2. Fresh or frozen veggies and fruits (tomato sauces in bottles)
3. If you want a dessert or soda, go for the real thing in moderation.
4. Baked potatoes (with toppings!) is a fast option
5. Chicken, fish, and beans!
Above all, drink plenty of water or unsweetened tea or even coffee to stay well-hydrated. Remember, “It’s not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”
So while you watch what you eat, guard your thoughts, actions and words even more closely.